7 Day Challenge to a Mind Fu*k Free Christmas 2017
- Are you feeling really anxious with Christmas just over a week away?
- Do you feel like you want to hide under your duvet until it’s over?
- Do you wish you could turn your mental illness of for one day?
- Do you get into into arguments about who and when you will see people over Christmas?
- Are you feeling lonely because you don’t have a big family to see for Christmas?
- Are you waking up in cold sweats (or not sleeping at all) because you’re worring about money?
- Do you get upset and down about loved ones who won’t be here to celebrate Christmas?
- Are you worrying about the impending Christmas day family arguments?
- Are you feeling pressured because you’re expected to be happy and jolly for Christmas?
We all know that Christmas is a magical time of year, we are reminded of it on never ending occasions, inc TV adverts full of happy smiley people, a big family dinner with happy kids and happy families a huge tree full of presents and everyone laughing and smiling. The perfect Christmas scene…
Real life just isn’t like that!! We strive for the perfect Christmas so much that we put immense pressure on the whole situation. We can then end up feeling even crappier than we felt before Christmas and for those with of us who suffer with mental health, that was already pretty crap! Am I right? Now we have the added pressure of putting on a Christmas as magical as the ones in the adverts.
But life just isn’t like that! Our mental health problems don’t just take the holidays off (mental health is like the retail industry, it hardly ever has a day off). So why do people expect us to become this insanely happy person just because the main man Santa is due with his elves (that if you have kids you are prob sick of moving a damn elve all round your house and just can’t wait for it to be over!).
Stats have proven that Christmas has turned from ‘One of the most wonderful times of the year’ to the most stressful.
It can also be the most lonely and upsetting time of year for many of us and for many different reasons. We may be facing our first Christmas without a precious loved one. Or it may have been some years since you lost someone but Christmas brings the grieve back to the surface and the feelings feel so raw all over again.
The reality is that Christmas can be massive trigger for so many of us and for so many different reasons and is why charity support lines such as The Samaritans are so overly stretched at this time of year (but don’t let that put you off getting in touch if you need them click here to be taken to their website)
So despite all this there is something we can do ….
We can be mindful of how we feel and attempt to build a better and stronger us and learn how to become #strongerthanthemind
So join me on my 7 day Mind Fu*k Free Christmas 2017 challenge
Every day for 7 days you will receive a daily challenge from me in the safe place of my PRIVATE Facebook group, where you can do something for YOU to lift your mood, make you feel happier, and to become more mindfully happy, not just for Christmas but moving into 2018.